Because laughter is the best medicine!
Join SVIVAH for a fun night out learning to do Improv and together we’ll experiment with making each other laugh!
SVIVAH is so excited to be working with the fabulously and hilariously talented Karin Naor! Karin understands and appreciates comedy’s ability to bring people closer together and create a space to talk about just about anything. She’ll have the crowd laughing with you in no time!. Be bold, be brave, be hilarious with us at Healthy Hilarity: Improv Night --- we won't make you get up on stage if you don't want to, but we know we'll have you laughing no matter what!
Performing is not mandatory, but we look forward to everyone contributing creatively!
Women 18+ welcomed.
There is parking in the building. On the street ; Public Parking garages at 1315 East-West Highway, 1133 East-West Highway and Kennett St Garage. Metro accessible.
SVIVAH is proud to be a Sharsheret Supports Partner.
$18 donation to register*
We want to celebrate YOU!!
There’s scientific proof that individuals who feel supported by friends and community have healthier life outcomes. If you’ve had a health journey or are currently walking your road to wellness, we would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to give you a standing ovation and show you how much we support you! Enter your information here (can be anonymous) and bask in the support of this powerful community of women surrounding you!
*Register with a Suggested Donation of $18 — but, as always, cost should never, ever be a barrier to enjoying SVIVAH.
We want you in the room if you want to be in the room, so contribute what you can. And — if you want to support others for whom cost is a barrier to participation, please consider rounding up your donation or sponsoring someone else’s registration and know that it is so very, very much appreciated and needed!
Sponsorship opportunities available. Be in touch to dedicate this evening to an important woman in your life — email@example.com
Karin Naor is a veteran screenwriter, copywriter, and creative writing educator. She has worked internationally for leading marketing firms and was comedy writer for two of the most popular prime-time comedy shows in Israel! Here in DC, Karin has dedicated her talent to helping others discover their creative voices through unique workshops focused on comic writing and stand-up. With her gift for comic timing, Karin guides her students toward the perfect punchline.
Some more info about Improv Night:
1) This event is for anyone who wants to be included in a circle of Jewish women. So if you identify as either of those, (Jew-ish, too!) you belong in this room and gladly.
2) The event is from 7:30-9:45PM with intentional flexibility! We know some of you are still rushing home from work. Others are putting kids to bed. And others have an early wakeup in the morning. Come when you can; stay till you can't.
3) Yes, Sharsheret and JScreen will be there and we are so glad! This event is NOT just for survivors or focused on health/wellness -- This is just part of how Svivah works! We bring in the agencies and people who work hard at creating a stronger #Jewishwomanhood and we weave them into our #powerfulcommunityofwomen. We should know them, and they should know us!
4) You won't have to take the mic unless you want to! You can sit back and enjoy the show, or you can flex you comic muscles if you feel like taking the stage.
5) ZERO prior comic or improv experience is necessary OR expected!
6) Our improv teacher Karin Naor is AMAZING. Her comic pedigree is out of this world and we are SO lucky to have her! She is going to lead us through an improv "class"/group performance.... but you determine if you want to volunteer to be at the front of the room. You can come and be an audience member OR a performer. Or both!
7) Svivah chose to do improv because comedy -- particularly laughing about our lives -- has the ability to create connections between people. And that's what SVIVAH is all about. This night is going to be SO FUN, plus it's a chance to get to know new people in a new way!
8) We've got a GREAT crowd already -- so snag your seats. We can't wait to laugh with you!!